Norway is a country located on the Scandinavian peninsula in Europe. It borders Finland to the southeast and Sweden to the southwest. Norway is the primary setting of Troll Hunter. The capital and largest city is Oslo. The current Prime Minister of Norway as of the ending of the film is Jens Stoltenberg.
Points of interest Edit
In chronological order of appearance or mention:
- Volda: Where Volda University College is located. Volda appears at the beginning of the film when the students investigate the bear tracks.
- Sogn od Fjordane county: The college students celebrate visiting its welcome sign at the beginning when they pursuit Hans.
- Årdals Smådyrklinikk: The veterinarian clinic where Hilde studies and investigates the genetics and science of trolls and other animals.
- Jotunheim: According to Hans, there are three mountain troll territories located here. They later visit it to apprehend the Jotnar troll.
- Strynefjell: According to Hans, there was a mountain troll territory there in the 1970s. It was heavily populated with trolls, but humans wanted to build tunnels through it. The TSS and Hans tried to object, but to no avail. Hans was sent to exterminate every last troll in the territory, male, female, newborns, pregnant females, etc. Hans described it as a "massacre."
- Oslo: The capital of Norway. It is seen at the ending of the film where Finn Haugen is seen sitting next to Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg as he delivers his speech at the biannual press conference on June 25th, 2010.